Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm Batty for you

Here's a little Halloween card to enjoy. Now's a great time to get all your Halloween cards made so they can be mailed out early this year.


This card uses Halloween Sheet #1, which is on sale this week for only $7. That's a great price for a whole set of rubber stamps.
My stamp uses black cardstock with mica flecks in it for a shimmery background. I paired that with some black and white striped paper from DCWV. I used two stamps from Halloween Sheet #1, stamped with VersaFine ink and colored with Derwent Inktense pencils. I use a blender pen to get the watercolor effect.
For embellishments, I used three colors of felt buttons from Buttons Galore & More with some sheer ribbon. I love these felt buttons and would suggest that you could cut your own felt buttons with your die cutter.
To finish it off, I chalked the edges of the stamped images with a ColorBox Chalk ink pad. Inside the card I stamped the Happy Halloween image with white ink and used a white gel pen to accent it. It came out wonderfully!
Happy Friday everyone!
Holley

No comments:

Post a Comment