Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Time to read a book

I used the stamps from Sweet Pea plate #3 to make this bookmark. You can also buy these great plastic bookmark sleeves from Sweet Pea stamps website.
I started with 2 pieces of white glossy cardstock. On each piece of cardstock I stamped a background image with VersaMark and dried the ink before applying various colors of alcohol inks. Then I stamped the Sweet Pea images with black India ink. I glued the 2 pieces of cardstock to each other and used a metallic leafing pen to draw a border around each side of the bookmark.

Now that kids are back in school.... a bookmark will come in handy!


Here's the other side of the bookmark.
I looped various fibers and a ribbon through the hole at the top of the bookmark sleeve. I tied a couple of sea shells and a flip flop foam bead to the ends of the fibers..... perfect embellishments for the mermaid theme.
These might even be great gifts for that special teacher!
And they take so little time to create; give it a try.
Chrissy

1 comment: