Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birthday wishes


Why not use an image from plate #14 to wish someone special a Happy Birthday???

I used my Cuttlebug "birthday" embossing folder for both of these cards. On the left I used a piece cut from Core'dinations paper. This particular piece is from the 'Whitewash' collection and is white on one side and lime green on the other. After running the piece of cardstock through the cuttlebug, I sanded on the white side so that the green would show through. I mounted the embossed piece onto a lime green card using 4 green brads. I stamped the Sweet Pea image using black India ink onto lime green cardstock, cut the image into a rectangular shape, and used a ticket punch on all four corners. I attached that stamped piece onto the front of the card and also attached the decorative flower trim across the top left corner of the card.

For the card on the right I used the Cuttlebug "birthday" embossing folder with a piece of yellow cardstock. Before attaching the yellow embossed cardstock to the green card, I inserted a star-shaped yellow ribbon brad to the left side of the piece. I inserted a rainbow colored ribbon through the brad and snipped both ends of the ribbon. I stamped the Sweet Pea image onto yellow cardstock with black India ink. After trimming the piece and using a ticket punch on all four corners of the yellow piece, I mounted it onto a slightly larger piece of green cardstock. The mounted image was then attached to the right side of the card.

The uses for this image are endless. Let's see what you can come up with!!! Chrissy

1 comment:

  1. oh how cute!!!! I love this image/plate (actually love 'em all, lo) Love how you used the ribbon :-)

    ReplyDelete