Monday, October 12, 2009

Please welcome Micki Harper....

our guest designer for October. Micki was gracious enough to share a bit about herself:


Hi, my name is Michaela Harper but everyone calls me “Micki”. I was born and raised in Bad Hersfeld, Germany and immigrated to the United States in 1977. I am married to Chriss who is my biggest supporter, have a 26 year old daughter, Rachelle; an awesome son-in-law, Kyle and two awesome, beautiful granddaughters, Emma & Gracy. Having been raised in Germany, I‘ve always been exposed to all sorts of crafts. However, scrapbooking didn‘t catch my fancy. I even dabbled in stamping 15 years ago, but at that time that “bug” didn‘t catch my fancy either (Gasp, imagine that, lol).

I have been stamping and scrapbooking for 3 years. I don‘t have that natural “knack” for art, be it stamping/scrapbooking or photography but I am persistent and keep at it. It‘s fun for me to look back at some of my first card creations, comparing them with a recent project and realizing how my crafting has evolved. I tend to create with the ‘less is more’ philosophy but force myself to step outside of my comfort zone and try new styles as I appreciate any crafting style and find inspiration from just about anything.
I am so happy to have found and follow Lynette’s blog. I enjoy seeing each participants ‘take’ of the weekly images. Ideas always start to pop up after visiting the blog. A big thank you to Lynette for having me as a guest designer.
Micki's chose Plate # 10 for her designs:




Check back next week for of Micki's creations as she continues her guest designer position! If you would like to be considered for a future guest designer position please keep an eye out for future calls. If you would like your artwork featured on any given Monday, please email your Sweet Pea Stamps creation to Jennifer!

2 comments:

  1. Micki- so nice to know more about you. I absolutely love both of these cards. I would never have done the wings in warm colors and I LOVE it!!!! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards, esp the blue one. The background paper is perfect and I like the shading with the little girl

    ReplyDelete