Sunday, November 29, 2009

Back with a bookmark

I'm back and this time I have made a bookmark. I've been playing with the new stamps from plate 23 and my distress inks. I just couldn't stay away from ink and rubber yesterday, lol. I really like the look Tim Holtz makes on his Christmas tags. Even if I follow him step by step I can't figure out how he does it! At least I had fun yesterday even if it didn't turn out like his.


I used broken china (blue) around the edges, sprayed with water and dried with my heating gun. Then I inked a swirl stamp with green peeled paint and stamped a couple of times on the side. I sprayed with water again and let it bleed a little before I heat-set it. I inked up the girl stamp with black ink and stamped on the bottom of the bookmark. I coloured it slightly on the edges with my Promarkers. Finally I inked the sentiment with VersaMark and stamped three times on the top. I stamped it so the whole text could be read. I then brushed some red Pearl-Ex over it to add that shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment