Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Amore

Something a little different....for me anyway. What do you think?


I wasn't sure about this card. When I'm not sure, I walk away from it, let some time pass and re-evaluate.

This shadow heart and the "Amore" sentiment are from Plate 27 . Beautiful, what I call 'collage' type stamps. You have to head over to the store to see the other stamps on this plate!!

This card is a very 'clean & simple' type card. Unless you are analytical like me, this card should take no more than 5 minutes to make.

I took the Spellbinders frame die and ran it through my Ellison to emboss only. Then used the same die with some DP from my scrap basket, this time to cut the paper. Attached the insert piece to the card. I used pigment ink to stamp the shadow heart, then cut it out using good ole fashion scissors (I generally use a craft knife). Found some ribbon that matched almost perfectly with the heart, which I wrapped around the front of the card. I used my craft knife to cut a slit on the fold end, the width of the ribbon. I attached the heart with foam dots hiding the ribbon ends. I used my oval punch on the "Amore" and finally decided to put in the lower right corner within the embossed frame. Don't ask me how long I agonized over that one, lo.

Did you notice something? No copics..... maybe that's why it didn't feel right at first. But it was fun to step outside my comfy zone and try something different. That's what makes these stamps so versatile.

15 comments:

  1. I think its stunning, simple and and very stylish xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elegance of this card Micki, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, so elegant!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your embossing Micki! Why do I always think you have to cut first, then emboss? You achieved elegance by thinking out of the box. Love it!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely and I think that clean cards are had for me too... but you nailed it! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice clean crisp card Micki, you sound just like me I sometimes walk away from the card thinking somethings missing it's just not quite right. Then it comes to me and that's it the card is finished!!!
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this card is BEAUTIFUL and I really, really like the colors you combined! You will have to tell me how to emboss only with these dies sometime! Great look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's beautiful! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. very beautiful card! your blog is so inspirational!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the DP that sits inside the frame. It is so subtle back there but is the perfect setting for the beautiful stamp! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Micki!! Great layering!! I especially love that embossing on the craft! !

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice, you shouldn't be so worried about leaving your comfort zone it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete