Monday, May 24, 2010

Simple Notecard & Copic tutorial

Stamp: Ching-Chou Kuik's "Dark Royalty", Plate #21



This is a tutorial for some fast note cards. It is fun to use this layout, with several different images and create a notecard set for gifting! The nice thing is you don't have to color the entire image. Also, you can use other shaped punches. While I was at it, I thought I'd throw a mini Copic hair tutorial in as well.


TUTORIAL:

{Click any pics for a larger view}


First, select a punch. Here, I am using the Marvy Heart Mega (pink) punch.

I use a punched piece of card stock to decide my heart placement....


I then take my punched out heart shape and trace around the area I want to color. I leave a little extra space...



Now, I'm ready to color.

The first color I laid down was V15, a medium purple.....



Next, I blended out the V15 with V12, be careful not to go over your V15 too much, else you will lighten up your V15....


Next I filled in the white areas with BV0000 and BV000....


Go back with your V15 and V12 and add back in some darker/shaded areas. If you compare the picture above and the picture below, you will see it is darker around her roots, around the nape of her neck, etc...


You all know how much I love to add crazy colors to the hair. Here I added some YG03...


With a very light hand, I then blended out the edges of YG03 with YG21...


My favorite skin combo is E50 & E51. Here you can see where I laid down the two colors. I will then go back over with E50 again to blend them....


Here is the end result...


I also added some Sakura Gelly Roll in Clear Stardust to the hair.


Now you need to trim off the bottom, so it will fit in your punch. Punch out. And, you are ready to finish your card!






Have fun! Feel free to ask questions in the comments!

19 comments:

  1. Soo cool! Got to try this... = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work Randi. The tutorial is excellent. Thank you for sharing this with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really beautiful! Great tutorial! I love actually seeing how you add the colors in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome!!! I love how it looks. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is totally brilliant thanks for sharing with us must try this technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randi you make it seem so easy to attain the perfect coloring you do. I know it is not, but you'd be a great teacher as you describe it so nicely!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. great tutorial. Love to watch you color in steps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great idea and the tut is very helpful. I can see I need a few more Copics. I love the light skin colors you use and that hair is exquisite. Thanks so much for this. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is fantastic and what a brilliant idea to just colour fart of the card I adore it so simple yet not thought of, your colouring is brilliant too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea... so effective! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are stunningly gorgeous! I LOVE the tutorial, too! More, please! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Randi! Your cards are truly stnning! Thanks for the tutorial on this is awesome technique. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Randi, I so wish we lived closer!! We both stay up way too late and love our coffee at all hours of the day. Now if you just lived closer you could show me how you mix so many completely different colors together and make them look so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a great tutorial Randi, THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous Randi, I am with Angela I love how you mix the colors and would love to see a tute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Randi...I feel like you did this for me tee hee! Love it and off to try it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Randi! Thank you so much for sharing this! I love that you edge this with a colorful ink :) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete