Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bubble Fairy

When I saw Bubble Fairy drawn by Lisa Victoria for Sweet Pea Stamps I instantly fell in love! A fairy taking a bubble bath in a teacup- PERFECT! Such a sweet fairy and such a dainty teacup.


I first stamped the image with Memento Ink so that I could color it with my markers and not have to worry about it running. The flowers on the teacup made me think of Forget-Me-Knots. If you have never had the opportunity to see Forget-Me-Knots in real life, not only are they blue, but they have a really pretty pinkish/purplish center to them. I tried to capture that in my coloring.



After I finished coloring the image I put Pixie Dust Shimmerz on the wings for the proper 'fairy look'. The pink velvet ribbon, jeweled center Color Me Crazy florettes (my go to flower right now!) with inked edges and Basic Grey Koshi paper finished it all off.

15 comments:

  1. Oh Alex! I adore her wings!!! You have created a masterpiece. I have forget me knots in my garden and you have for certain made me think of them. This is perfection!

    XOXO KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Alex! You made this lovely image come to life.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Love love love the wings!!! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, great job on this, love the wings too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Alex, I love the wings and colors.
    Hugs, Chrhistine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card ! This image is lovely !
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card and lovely image! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Love that image, how have I missed that one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great image you chose to use today, Alex! I love the stuff you used to color the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty card, love your color choices

    ReplyDelete
  11. THis is so pretty!! I love the way her wings look!! Great job on this image!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card. Love this image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alex this is so pretty! I love the way you did the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alex, this is so pretty! You picked the perfect soft delicate papers to go with this image! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete