Thursday, September 22, 2011

Great storage idea for your sweetpea stamps






















Today I would like to share a fabulous storage idea for your sweetpea stamps. I have a loooot of the stamps and tried to keep them in order, but it's been hard. They have been standing up in a box with the platenumbers sorted, but it's hard to look through what I have and in the end I just take out the thing that was on top. Not the best way to use your stamps. So here's my new idea and I'm superexcited about it. Just took two days to sort through ;)

















I got myself a bunch of plastic protectors in standard size that are divided in 4 pockets and open at the top. I think they are originally used for photos or postcards. I think the ones for postcards are clear all the way through (without the white) but these work better as you can focus better on each page without distraction. The pages are perfect for most of the full plates from sweetpea as they come in four or two. They look the same on the back so you will actually store eight stamps/page. Isn't it great?

















The stamps that are small can be put in plastic sheets that are divided in nine. They are used for collector's cards and such. This idea I actually found on someone else's blog, but realized it wouldn't work with the sweetpeas. So I got thinking and when I came up with the four divided ones I thought it would be brilliant. Especially with each page holding a full sheet!

I always write up the name, platenumber and artist on the back of each stamp. I will also put little labels on each page with the plate number and artist's name. Just need to get myself some selfadheisive labels. If you get repositionable ones you will be able to move the stamps around and relabel the pages.






















As I mostly have ching chou kuik stamps I now have a slightly overfull binder (actually think I'll have to divide them up into two). If you have a hard time seeing what the stamps are you could stamp up the image on paper and put it in each pocket. The stamp can then slide behind the image. I think I will do this, but it will have to be done in small steps...Next I will do the same with the sentimentstamps, but those I really have to stamp up on paper first so I can divide them in themes or such. Right now I barely use them because I can't find anything or see what it says.






















Oh, I'm so excited about this idea and think it will make my life so much better. And my poor craftingcorner will thank me for getting rid of all the boxes. Now the only question is what to do with all the new space :D
Let me know if you get to use this idea. I'd love to know if I've made anyone's life any easier.

Keep crafting.

14 comments:

  1. That's a really cool idea! I've recently begun an ongoing process of reorganising my cling-mounted stamps (most of which are Sweet Pea ones! :lol:) and I bought myself a hot laminating machine (not expensive - about £15 plus a few quid for the laminator pockets) and have laminated the illustrated sheets that the plates of stamps come with - the cling-mounted stamps then cling beautifully to the illustrated sheet. The next step I think will be to put the laminated sheets of stamps into A4 pockets in a ring binder. For individual stamps, I've stamped the images onto an A4 sheet - as many as I can fit on each sheet - and then laminated that and the stamps cling to the sheet. :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat idea, will have to file it with all the others I have, lol. now if there were only more time in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nifty way to store those pretty Sweet Pea stamps!
    I stamped images on cardstock put into a binder and then stuck the stamps themselves into CD cases stored on shelving, but I wanted to keep the SP stamps separate. This might be how to do both!
    Thanks for sharing Katarina.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Thanks for the fabulous storage idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katarina, what a fantastic tutorial. You always have such clever ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have stored mine like this for years..... really easy to find them now xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katarina, I love this idea! Want to come and sort mine? LOL! I have no doubt it will be worth every minute spent on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea, can also use an old photo album with pockets or ATC file, tho that one might be too tight, well, i got the album, lol, no stamps, will have to write a wish list .......hehehe
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK you for some great ideas for our lovely stamps!:)
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I love how you keep track of the names and artists. I always have to look mine up every time I use them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea Katarina. This is how I use to store mine until I started using Tack it Over and Over on my stamps. Great tutorial too.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Katarina, this is just the same way as I store mine... with the only difference that my folders are black :o) Wonderful idea to share with us your storage idea.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete