Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Trio of Cards To Share

I am lovely being on the Sweetpea DT and have been enjoying going through my Sweetpea collection of stamps. I love having so many lovely stamps and can chose the one that inspires me on that particular day.

For my first project I have used a fabulous stamp from Anna Marine called Trick Me Once or available as one of four stamps on Sheet 1, Plate 141.

I chose to kept to the green's and neutral's to reflect the IRISH theme of the stamp but I think she would look good any colour!

For my next project I used Rachel Anderson's Sunrise also available on stamp plate - sheet 2, plate 111


For this card I wanted to try to achieve a watercolour wash effect for the background. Have to admit I found it a lot harder than I thought to achieve. Sometimes the simple effects are the hardest to achieve. I used a blending pen to take out some of the colour giving a more subdued look.

My next project features Renee Biertempfel's Oceania and available on Sheet 1, Plate 144.Check out these stamps - she has created some wonderful backgrounds and I have been playing around with ways to achieve something similar - unfortunately can't find where I put them!


I have to say in this photo she does look as if she has a black eye but this I think is due to the fact you are only seeing a partial eye!


Hope you will enjoy your Sweetpea stamps as much as I do. New stamps are being released all the time so check out Sweetpea stamps and see what's available.

Further details of how these cards were made are available here

Best wishes,



12 comments:

  1. What a lovely start to my day you've made Sharon! I enjoyed every one of your cards. They each have a feature unique to them and I like seeing how you use the dies and the bling each time....
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All 3 of these are beautiful, Sharon! I love your flowers on each one and your coloring is fantastic. Each layout is well thought out. Lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... These are all beautiful!!! I am loving how creative you are and your coloring is beautiful!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, these are all so pretty, but I just LOVE the flowers, pearls and coloring of Oceania! WOW! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow..soo many beautiful cards, an nice layouts, Sharon!! And your coloring is so lovely! the one in the middle, "Sunrise", I never never get borred by coloring her♥!;)
    Wish you a wonderful day, Sharon!:)
    Hugs from Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, very beautiful cards!! You did an amazing job in coloring and matching background paper. I especially love the first card, Trick me once.

    What dies did you use for the flourishes and frame on that card and the 2nd card?

    ~Melisa Marie
    http://bipolarcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards, love all those wonderful embellishments and the coloring

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the seaweed embellishment you made. It looks like an artshowing under water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melisa
    Thanks for your lovely comments.
    To answer your question I used Spellbinders dies on the first one
    Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags 2 http://www.craftsulove.co.uk/S5-030.jpg (only showing the ends)
    Flourishes - http://www.craftsulove.co.uk/S4-327.jpg
    Card 2 Marianne dies - Garden Branch http://www.craftsulove.co.uk/LR0151.jpg
    Marianne Rectangle frame set http://www.craftsulove.co.uk/LR0111L.jpg
    Hope this helps. Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a wonderful Job and i love all of these... what pretty embellishments and coloring! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, lovely cards Sharon! They are all stunning but my favorite is definitely the Anna Marine card. She's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon, these are all 3 just gorgeous. I love the way you used the dies on each card. I need more dies, well I do have a lot just can never find them when I want to use them.lol.. I love the papers and colors you used on each one and your coloring is beautiful. I think if I had to pick a favorite, it would be.. Trick Me Once.. I love the colors you used on her.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete