Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Artist of the Week with Rebecca Sinz: Aletha’s View

This week is one of the most fun for me at Sweet Pea Stamps. We get to pick out our favorite image from a particular artist. This “Artist of the Week” is Rebecca Sinz, and the image that I chose is Deadly Night Shade. You can shop for the rubber stamp or the digital image. Sweet Pea Stamps has whichever format you want to create with.


I went to the dark side with Deadly Night Shade. I created a very simple mixed-media piece. I colored Deadly Night Shade with Copics and trimmed the image. Then I layered that image on two colors of purple cardstock and trimmed the edges with black lace.



My substrate is a 5” x 7” canvas board. I scrunched up some dark purple tissue paper and adhered the tissue to the canvas with DecoArt’s Decou-page. The final touches were some metal corners.



There is still some time to join our Once Sweet Challenge for May. Our theme is “flowers.” We also have a bi-weekly contest on our Facebook group. This contest that started on May 19 is our art contest. It is always anything goes, and you must use a Sweet Pea image.

Thanks for stopping by!
Aletha Jane

8 comments:

  1. Love the deep dark colors Aletha. Her eyes are amazing. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a gorgeou piece of Art, Aletha! I totally love those metalcorners and the colours you have chosen.
    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely amazing. The background is so stunning, and very fitting for the image. And I love how you've colored her. The purple color is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation Aletha, full of drama, just love it :) :) :) hugs Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool - always love purple!!! Her eyes are very drama!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning coloring. I love the dark colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the goth look, fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I love the gothic look over her! Beautiful! Hugs Milo ♥

    ReplyDelete