Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Artist of the Week Featuring Lisa Victoria: Aletha’s Pick

Happy Tuesday! I hope that everyone had a great weekend and you got over the Monday Blues.

This week here at our Sweet Pea Stamp Design Team blog we are featuring images created by Lisa Victoria for Sweet Pea Stamps (SPS). We got to pick which image and I picked one of the cutest dragons that I have seen in a while. Meet Lisa’s “Butterfly Dragon.” Lisa’s image can be found in digital format or as rubber stamps, whichever media you like.


I printed out Butterfly Dragon on cardstock and colored with Copics. After coloring, I distressed all the edges and added distress ink to all sides. My happy dragon was then layered on green cardstock that was distressed in the same manner.

Copics used:
Dragon’s body:
YG21, 23, 25, and
YR12, 15, 18, and E09
Wings and Flower:
YG21, 23, 25, and
YR12, 15, 18, and E09, and
Y00, 11, 15, 17
Background:
W00, 0, 1, 2, and
Y11, YR12




I distressed the designer paper and cardstock for my base. The twine I stained with some brown ink. The embellishments are some clear stamps and a heart charm, both from my ever growing supply of stamps and metal objects.


We have a monthly challenge at One Sweet Challenge. July’s theme is “red, white, and blue.” We would love for you to share any of your projects at our SPS Facebook group. Come like Sweet Pea’s Facebook page and stay on top of all the happenings within Sweet Pea Stamps.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you come visit every day and be inspired with all the pieces of art from some very talented designers.
Aletha Jane
SPS Designer

5 comments:

  1. Love how you colored him - so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you colored him - so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card with a cute dragon. Gorgeous work Aletha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coloring on this. Dragon seems to shine off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous creation Aletha, your colouring holds me in awe :) xxx

    ReplyDelete