Thursday, April 23, 2015

Artist of the week Joanne Schempp - Tera's view

 Hallo,
   I really love how this project turned out!!!  I have been playing with encaustic wax painting lately but some how my paper arts/rubber stamping addiction always has to get in on the action :)
  I first built up many layers of wax - painting first several clear layers and then alternating colored layers with clear to get the backround the way I wanted it.
  Next I used a transfer technique for the ship - made a large copy onto regular printer paper and rubbed it into the wax - then wetting the paper somewhat rubbed off the paper which leaves just the image in the wax.
  The pirate I had colored with prismacolor pencils onto Neenah 'desert storm' which is a smooth kraft cardstock and I layed him on top of a warm layer of wax and added several layers of wax ontop of him to hold him in place.
  Both images are by Joanne Schempp - 'The Black Pearl' and 'Ancient One' and are both available as rubber stamps and as digis' (and believe it or not I have both versions of both...)
  Lastly I added a couple oyster shells and a black pearl and gold sword make with clay (the sword with a mold)
  All for today - Take Care
     Tera



No comments:

Post a Comment